This thick, plush, carpet is made in the USA by Dream Weaver Carpet. The Style is called Dazzling and the color is Acorn, a type of Beige/Light Brown. We also have listings with Dazzling in Wicker (a shade darker brown), Magma (a darker grey blend), and Iron Frost (a lighter grey blend). We also have the Montauk offering in Iron Frost and and Linen – – a slightly shorter shag for those who prefer things a little less “shaggy.”
We begin with Dream Weaver’s high quality carpet which Dream Weavers intends to last 25 years in resisting Wear, Fading, Staining, Soil and Pet Stains! This is because they use 100% PureColor Soft Solution Dyed BCF Polyester for the carpet yarn, not the cheaper olefin/polypropylene-type yarns.
We start with this awesome Green Label Plus Certified carpet, cut it down to the correct tread size, seam the boarders and then permanently attach our True Bullnose™ rigid edge.
The standard size is made for a 10″ deep tread 27″ wide, but you can be upgraded to 31″ wide or 35″ wide — or we can make any custom size you may need! (They are all made to cover 10″ deep stairs which are 1″ thick or less with a rounded front bullnose, but can be placed on stairs that are deeper or thinner — if you need a custom cut for shallower/deeper/wider stairs or have thicker stairs with a square-face, just let us know!)
As shown, the TRUE bullnose™ stair tread is permanently attached to a rigid bullnose piece so that when installed it will stay nicely wrapped around your stair tread. Other manufacturers use combinations of tape or glue, and hope that your tread will stay wrapped around the end of your stair tread. Not these. True Bullnose™ treads have a pressure sensitive adhesive that keeps the tread in place and a strong, rigid bullnose edge that keeps the wrap-around in place.
What is Green Label Plus and Why Do I Want it?
Green Label Plus establishes the highest standard for indoor air quality (IAQ) ever set by the carpet industry.
- The Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) launched Green Label Plus to identify carpets that are tested by an independent, certified laboratory and meet stringent criteria for low chemical emissions.
The CRI IAQ Green Label Testing Program includes the Green Label and the new Green Label Plus.
- The Green Label ensures customers they are purchasing among the lowest emitting carpet products on the market.
- The Green Label Plus is designed for those who want even greater assurance that carpet products meet stringent criteria for low chemical emissions.
Passes Rigorous Testing
- To receive Green Label Plus certification, carpets must undergo a 14-day testing process that measures emissions for a range of chemicals and is administered by an independent laboratory. The test methodology was developed in cooperation with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Every carpet receiving Green Label Plus certification has been tested for emission levels for all chemicals as required by Section 01350, plus six additional chemicals, utilizing a 14-day test. The 13 chemicals measured are: Acetaldehyde, Benzene, Caprolactam, 2-Ethylhexanoic Acid, Formaldehyde, 1-Methyl-2-Pyrrolidinone, Naphthalene, Nonanal, Octanal, 4-Phenylcyclohexene, Styrene, Toluene, and Vinyl Acetate.
- Subsequent annual tests are based on 24-hour testing that targets 13 chemicals. Plus, quarterly testing will measure for the total level of volatile organic compounds (TVOC).