This carpet is made in the USA by Beaulieu. The Style is called Grand Central and the Color is Winsdor. This is a commercial grade carpet.
We start with this high quality carpet which Beaulieu intends to last 10 years in a commercial setting, so it should really hold up in your home! This is because they use 100% Nyluxe BCF Nylon for the carpet yarn, not the cheaper olefin/polypropylene-type yarns. Also because Beaulieu partnered with 3M, they incorporated its famous Scotchgard™ protection and even added their exclusive Magic Fresh™ odor eliminator, which you may read more about below.
We start with this awesome Green Label Plus Certified carpet, cut it down to the correct tread size, seam the boarders and then permanently attach our rigid edge.
The standard size is made for a 10″ deep tread 27″ wide, but you can be upgraded to 31″ wide or 35″ wide — or we can make any custom size you may need! As shown, the stair tread is permanently attached to a rigid bullnose piece so that when installed it will stay nicely wrapped around your stair tread. Other manufacturers use combinations of tape or glue, and hope that your tread will stay wrapped around the end of your stair tread. Not these. treads have a pressure sensitive adhesive that keeps the tread in place and a strong, rigid bullnose edge that keeps the wrap-around in place.
Scotchgard™ Protector by 3M
ScotchgardTM Protector, the #1 trusted brand in protective treatment!
We believe you should be able to focus on what’s important in life, and leave the stains to us. With 50 years of proven innovation, Scotchgard works hard to make sure you are ready for every situation: rain, mud, snow, dogs, kids and even guests! Even during life’s hectic moments, you can rest assured that Scotchgard, the number one trusted brand in protective treatment, has your carpet guarded!
Keep your carpet looking beautiful with Scotchgard Protection!
With Scotchgard, your flooring will last as long as you want without having to worry about life’s little mishaps. Your carpet will look better, and last longer with Scotchgard Protector technology. Each fiber is treated to keep stains on the surface to provide easy cleaning. It has never been this easy to repel spills, dirt and stains.
Magic Fresh – Odor Eliminator Built In
What is Magic Fresh®?
Exclusive to carpets made by Beaulieu, Magic Fresh is an environmentally-friendly carpet treatment specially formulated to neutralize common household odors such as pet urine, food and cigarette smoke. It is a self-renewing, odor reducing formula that is effective for the life of the carpet and it is completely safe and natural. The effectiveness of Magic Fresh is best understood by comparing it to the way baking soda neutralizes odors in your refrigerator, except with Magic Fresh, you don’t have to replace the box!
What does Magic Fresh® do?
It eliminates most common household odors such as pet urine, cigarette smoke and food.
- Patented odor eliminator built into your carpet
- Eliminates a broad range of household odors
- Designed to last as long as your carpet!
- Works faster and lasts longer than the competition
- Natural, environmentally and pet-friendly
How does Magic Fresh® work?
The effectiveness of Magic fresh is best understood by comparing it to the way baking soda neutralizes odors in your refrigerator, except with Magic Fresh, you don’t have to replace the box!
Beaulieu uses proprietary and exclusive materials applied to carpet fibers during the manufacturing process to give the carpet its Magic Fresh capabilities. When unpleasant odors come in contact with the carpet fibers, the Magic Fresh application neutralizes the offending odors and releases them as harmless carbon dioxide (co2) into the air.
You’re probably wondering…
Can I clean my Magic Fresh carpet?
Yes. We recommend professionally cleaning your carpet every 12 to 18 months.
How long does Magic Fresh last?
For the life of your carpet – up to 10 years or up to 5 hot professional extraction cleanings.
Where do the odors go?
They are broken down into simpler, smaller non odorous components and released into the air.
Will my carpet smell because it is capturing odors?
No. All odors are broken down at a microscopic level. Your nose will not be able to detect any odor.
Will Magic Fresh always eliminate odors?
Magic Fresh works continuously to reduce most common household odors.
What is Green Label Plus and Why Do I Want it?
Green Label Plus establishes the highest standard for indoor air quality (IAQ) ever set by the carpet industry.
- The Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) launched Green Label Plus to identify carpets that are tested by an independent, certified laboratory and meet stringent criteria for low chemical emissions.
The CRI IAQ Green Label Testing Program includes the Green Label and the new Green Label Plus.
- The Green Label ensures customers they are purchasing among the lowest emitting carpet products on the market.
- The Green Label Plus is designed for those who want even greater assurance that carpet products meet stringent criteria for low chemical emissions.
Passes Rigorous Testing
- To receive Green Label Plus certification, carpets must undergo a 14-day testing process that measures emissions for a range of chemicals and is administered by an independent laboratory. The test methodology was developed in cooperation with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Every carpet receiving Green Label Plus certification has been tested for emission levels for all chemicals as required by Section 01350, plus six additional chemicals, utilizing a 14-day test. The 13 chemicals measured are: Acetaldehyde, Benzene, Caprolactam, 2-Ethylhexanoic Acid, Formaldehyde, 1-Methyl-2-Pyrrolidinone, Naphthalene, Nonanal, Octanal, 4-Phenylcyclohexene, Styrene, Toluene, and Vinyl Acetate.
- Subsequent annual tests are based on 24-hour testing that targets 13 chemicals. Plus, quarterly testing will measure for the total level of volatile organic compounds (TVOC).